To change your password in the current WordPress version:
- In the Administration Screen, menu, go to Users > All Users.
- Click on your username in the list to edit it.
- In the Edit User screen, scroll down to the New Password section and click the Generate Password button.
- If you want to change the automatically-generated password, you can overwrite it by typing a new password in the box provided. The strength box will show you how good (strong) your password is.
- Click the Update User button.
Your new password becomes active immediately.